October 2020 Chapter Meeting
1 LEADERSHIP, 0.5 STRATEGIC PDUs
SERVANT LEADERSHIP: AN IMPERATIVE LEADERSHIP STYLE FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
Servant leadership can seem like a contradicting term, but it is becoming a very popular tool in many businesses. Servant leadership is a philosophy that involves focusing on others (i.e. your employees), and focus on their success, and in turn build better professional relationships that can benefit both manager and employee. Servant leadership shows that managers can be great leaders while boosting their employee’s confidence and further their success at the same time.
With our “Servant Leadership” workshop, your participants will discover the specifics of how servant leadership works and how it can benefit both leaders and employees
- Define servant leadership
- Know the characteristics of servant leadership
- Recognize the barriers of servant leadership
- Learn to be a mentor and a motivator
- Practice self-reflection
About the Presenter
Dr. Kwame Gilbert
Dr. Kwame Gilbert is a leadership Coach, Mentor, Author, and Speaker. He comes with over 25 years of experience in the private and public-sector, government and community activism.
He is the Executive Director of Syndicate Leadership Development, a consortium of Industry leaders specializing in personal and professional development.
Dr. Gilbert is a professor with the Canadian School of Ministry and Leadership Development where he teaches Organizational Leadership and a guest lecturer with Seneca College and George Brown College where he lectures in their School of Business.
He is the holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Christian Education, a Master’s in Conflict Management, a Master’s in Global Human Resource Management, and a Doctorate in Organizational Leadership. He holds certificates in Humanitarian Diplomacy, Behavioral Psychology, and is a Certified Behavioral Consultant with the Institute of Motivational Living and John Maxwell Group. He is a certified Corporate Trainer with the Management and Strategy Institute.
He is the author two books entitled Transformational Leadership and From Good Intentions to Intentional Living.
Dr. Gilbert is married and is the father of two sons.
Live Streaming Zoom Webinar — Note: Zoom sign-in opens at 6:00 PM. The meeting will begin at 6:30 PM.
- Please register for the event with PMI-DHC (ticket prices outlined below). Registration closes at 12:00 PM day of event.
- After registering with PMI-DHC, and prior to the meeting, you will receive an email with a link inviting you to register for the Zoom meeting.
- Register with Zoom and sign-in to join the meeting between 6:00 and 6:30 PM the day of the event. At 6:40 the system will lock and you will no longer be able to join. The meeting will begin at 6:30.
- NOTE: Do not use the Firefox browser, you may experience technical difficulties in joining the meeting.
- $ 8.85 + $1.15 HST = $10.00 PMI-DHC Member (please login to receive the member price)
- $10.62 + $1.38 HST = $12.00 Non-Member/Guest
- $ 4.43 + $0.57 HST = $ 5.00 Student (student ID required)
Photography & Filming: Photographs, audio, and video will sometimes be captured during PMI-DHC events. By registering, attendees hereby grant PMI-DHC and its representatives permission to photograph and/or record them at events, and distribute (both now and in the future) the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes.
$8.85 PMI-DHC Member