November 2020 Chapter Meeting
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** MEMBER login is down at the moment, please continue to register as a GUEST, sorry for any inconvenience.
1 LEADERSHIP, 0.5 STRATEGIC PDUs
WE'VE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY – CHALLENGE ASSUMPTIONS AND EMBRACE THE GROWTH MINDSET
The world is changing. “We’ve always done it that way” doesn’t cut it. The thinking, processes, and attitudes that got us where we are have served their purpose. Now it’s time to shift our thinking and take the next steps to succeed.
As an educator, trainer, and world-class magician, Dan Trommater has been helping people challenge deeply held assumptions for over 20 years.
Dan uses eye-popping magic, stories, and optical illusions as powerful visual metaphors to grab you by the brain and gently shake. This is not only thoroughly engaging and a lot of fun, it empowers each person in the room to apply the learning in their own lives.
As part of this interactive presentation, Dan shares insights on the growth mindset to help leaders, managers, and team members shift their attention from the limits of “problems” to the untapped potential of “possibilities.”
Keynote or workshop participants will leave with these transformative takeaways:
- How to get out of the “same-old-thinking-rut” and find new solutions to pressing problems.
- How to identify and challenge the limiting assumptions that hold us back.
- How to embrace the growth mindset to boost performance in all areas of life.
Here's a sneak peek of our upcoming session.
About the Presenter
Dan helps leaders & teams communicate, collaborate, and thrive through the power of empathy.
Through his keynote addresses, interactive workshops and coaching, he helps you and your teams challenge assumptions, get out of ruts, and thrive.
Whether he is presenting on teamwork, communication, or leadership, his work is really about empathy. Empathy is an increasingly vital skill (yes, empathy is a skill.) If we expect to lead, communicate or work together, we simply must be able to understand others’ perspectives, struggles, and motivations.
He taps into his training as a coach, his experience as an instructor and his 22 years of delivering workshops, one-on-one coaching and being a keynote speaker.
His programs are interactive experiences that blend stories, with practical tools from the scientific field of Positive Psychology. His goal is to empower you and your team to shift your thinking, gain new perspectives, and find better solutions to your challenges.
As a professional magician for over 20 years, his programs are super engaging and a lot of fun. He uses world-class magic and optical illusions as visual metaphors that convey ideas and content in a way that words alone simply fall short.
Learn more about Dan:
Live Streaming Zoom Webinar — Note: Zoom sign-in opens at 6:00 PM. The meeting will begin at 6:30 PM.
- Please register for the event with PMI-DHC (ticket prices outlined below).
- After registering with PMI-DHC, and prior to the meeting, you will receive an email with a link inviting you to register for the Zoom meeting.
- Register with Zoom and sign-in to join the meeting between 6:00 and 6:30 PM the day of the event. At 6:40 the system will lock and you will no longer be able to join. The meeting will begin at 6:30.
- NOTE: Do not use the Firefox browser, you may experience technical difficulties in joining the meeting.
- $ 8.85 + $1.15 HST = $10.00 PMI-DHC Member (please login to receive the member price)
- $10.62 + $1.38 HST = $12.00 Non-Member/Guest
- $ 4.43 + $0.57 HST = $ 5.00 Student
Optional Donation to St. Vincent Pallotti's Kitchen
- $ 2.00 Donation
- $ 5.00 Donation
- $10.00 Donation
MAKING A DIFFERENCE: Please consider supporting our fundraising initiatives at events throughout the year. For every dollar donated by our members to St. Vincent Pallotti's Kitchen, the PMI-DHC Board of Directors will match. You may very well be helping your neighbour(s), friend(s), or family member(s) thru a difficult time. Learn more.
Photography & Filming: Photographs, audio, and video will sometimes be captured during PMI-DHC events. By registering, attendees hereby grant PMI-DHC and its representatives permission to photograph and/or record them at events, and distribute (both now and in the future) the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes.
$4.43 Student (Student number required)
$8.85 PMI-DHC Member
$2.00 Donation to St. Vincent Pallotti's Kitchen ($2.00)
$5.00 Donation to St. Vincent Pallotti's Kitchen ($5.00)
$10.00 Donation to St. Vincent Pallotti's Kitchen ($10.00)