January Chapter Meeting
1 TECHNICAL, 0.5 LEADERSHIP PDUs
HOW TO ENGAGE YOUR TEAM ONLINE
Have you ever wondered what the art of engaging your team online looks like? How to make people feel like part of a team virtually? Is your team feeling Zoom or MS Teams fatigue and use to the same meetings, where fun is out the door, and it's all about business and getting things done? Well, you’ve come to the right place if you want to learn how to keep your team engaged and create an online virtual team that will be excited, energized and wanting to participate in your meetings, through the art of online engagement.
Key learnings / take away:
- Toolbox of online tools, with most being free or having a nominal fee, to bring your virtual meetings to life through active engagement.
- Learn about yourself as a leader and use tools to gain better insights into your team and what motivates, excites, and keeps their interest.
- Ensuring everyone on your team knows the importance of being “human” first so you can enhance their work environment, bring inclusivity into your online meetings and shifting people from being doers to leaders who will be inspired to contribute, innovate, and bring their best self to your meetings every day.
About the Presenter
An educator, senior professional and trusted advisor to executives and senior management, Ellie inspires and motivates cross-functional teams to achieve their potential while meeting or exceeding business results. Ellie is energized in collaborating across the organization, actively building relationships, and developing strategic plans to meet and achieve business objectives. An Educator, teaching adults in multiple areas of business such as Supply Chain Management, Office Technology & Procedures, PMP Exam Prep, Agile/Scrum and sought out a consultant to provide business insights across multiple domains. As an advocate for education, inclusion and developing future leaders, Ellie is an engaging educator, coach, trainer, mentor and agent of change. Ellie incorporates a risk mindset in developing strategic plans and teach others new skills in all aspects of being a leader. Ellie actively engages in the community of practice as a sought-out speaker/panellist:
- PMI Durham Highlands Mentor and Workshop on Engaging Your Team Online (Nov 2020).
- PMI Symposium at Ryerson University (March 2019).
- Ryerson Global Management gala event (April 2019) panellist on project management outlook in banking and global business trends.
- PMI Durham Highlands Chapter Speaker: Vendor Management overview and best practices governing outsourcing agreements (April 2019).
Ellie is an avid long-distance solo cyclist with a dream to ride her bike across Canada and has completed 850kms to-date. Passionate about protecting the environment and supporting people marginalized in our society, Ellie participates in community support through mentoring and consulting engagements, while developing to be an author and TED Talk speaker. Connect with Ellie today to find out how she can make your mission her mission!
Join the Meeting
Live Streaming Zoom Webinar
Our monthly Chapter Meeting starts at 6:30 PM. The virtual room will open at 6:00 PM for you to setup and network with fellow members. Please register to receive the Zoom link. Note, you may experience technical difficulties joining the meeting if using the Firefox browser; Google Chrome works best.
Registration closes at noon the day of event.
Prices (taxes included)
- $10.00 PMI-DHC Member (log in for member price)
- $19.00 Non-Member/Guest
- $ 5.00 Student/Guest (student number required)
Optional Donation to St. Vincent Pallotti's Kitchen
MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Please consider supporting our fundraising initiatives at events throughout the year. For every dollar donated by our members to St. Vincent Pallotti's Kitchen, the PMI-DHC Board of Directors will match. You may very well be helping your neighbour(s), friend(s), or family member(s) thru a difficult time.
You may add a donation as you are processing your registration to the event. Select the desired quantity and denomination. The donation will be added as a separate item on your receipt. Altlernatively, you may send an e-transfer to [email protected] using the password PMIDHC.
- $ 2.00 Donation
- $ 5.00 Donation
- $10.00 Donation