Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I join the Durham Highlands Chapter?
- The Durham Highlands Chapter facilitates the networking of professionals from the Eastern part of the GTA as well as surrounding communities.
- Being able to network with those from your immediate surroundings is the goal of our Chapter.
- The location for our events is chosen to ensure ease of access for all local members.
- We hold smaller more intimate gatherings.
- We will be working in the community to help our neighbours and invite you to be a part of that outreach.
- When we get together for an event we promise that when you walk away we will have helped you learn or grow in some way.
Can you give me more information on the events that are held?
- Monthly dinner meetings are held eight times a year.
- These are held in the evenings on the 3rd Tuesday alternating with the 3rd Thursday of each month.
- The time and location for the meeting is included in the Notice of Event for a given event.
- Professional Development Units are offered.
How many PDUs are awarded for attending dinner meetings?
- 1.5 PDU's are awarded for attending the dinner presentation and are posted on your behalf.
- To receive our regular email notifications for events or other news of interest, you need to be a member or contact [email protected] and they would be delighted to add you to our list.
What is the attendance size at your dinner meetings?
- The regular attendance varies from 30 - 80 people and growing.
Do you conduct PMP prep courses?
- The Chapter holds three PMP Certification Exam prep course in the Spring, Fall and Winter.
Why is there more than one Chapter in Southern Ontario (e.g. Southern Ontario, Canadian Technology Triangle, Lakeshore)?
- Chapters are established to meet the community need to have a project management interest group that directly services a region.
- The Durham Highlands Chapter serves the region East of Toronto starting at Pickering and expanding to such areas as Peterborough, the Kawarathas, Port Hope, Cobourg all the way to the west border of Kingston.
How do I become a partner with Durham Highlands Chapter?
- Please visit our partnership page for great information.
How do I become a Volunteer?
- Please visit our Volunteer section.
- We have many different opportunities that are short term or long term.